An SEO product description is a way of optimizing the product descriptions so they get ranked on search engines. An SEO-optimized product description can boost your website’s ranking on search engines. It is a good way to raise brand awareness and increase sales. It is written according to the principles and guidelines of SEO.
How to Write Good Product Descriptions SEO
SEO is the best practice when it comes to increasing traffic to your e-Commerce site. You can write product compelling, high-value descriptions if you follow the SEO strategy.
Here are some tips for you on how to write good product descriptions SEO:
- Use keywords in your product description. Search engines use keywords to rank your website. Adding long-tail keywords in the product description will be very beneficial. Remember not to do keyword stuffing. Keyword stuffing is not appreciated by Google. Naturally use keywords.
- Optimize your landing page copy. Landing pages help people to find the product they are looking for. So you must optimize them.
- Ensure that your description is 100% unique. Search engines want unique content for every site. Duplicate content will never rank on Search Engine Result Pages (SERP) and your website ranking will fall.
- Make the product pages user-friendly. Users want their experience to be as seamless as possible. Add Chabot to answer their all questions. Improve user experience to get good rankings.
- Have fast-loading pages. Often users complain that the page takes a lot of time to load. Ideal page loading time is 3 seconds. Refer to Google’s Page Speed Insights to check your page speed.
How to Write Good Amazon Product Descriptions
Amazon is one of the world’s largest online retailers. Amazon uses an algorithm called A9 to rank product search results. To write an amazon product description you must know the A9 algorithm.
A9 algorithm powers the Amazon search engine and determine which product to rank with the search results. A9 algorithm uses the following factors to determine the product’s ranking:
- Keyword relevance
- Sales velocity
- Conversion rate
- Click to sales rate (CTS)
- Sales page content
To write a good amazon product description you should keep the following points in mind:
- Optimize your description for the A9 algorithm.
- Keep in mind the HTML tags and CSS attributes allowed for buyer-seller messages on Amazon.
- Choose the right keywords for your product.
- Write ab buyer persona-based description.
- Focus on selling the product benefits, not its features.
- Keep the title of the product short.
How to write Shopify product descriptions?
Shopify is another successful platform that lets you start, grow and manage a business. It enables the users to set up an online store, manage inventory, payment process, fulfill orders, and much more.
To write Shopify product descriptions you should:
- Start with a strong headline/title that represents the product.
- Use simple and easy words. Many people make use of jargon words when writing Shopify product descriptions. Avoid using jargon words, instead, write easy-to-understand content.
- Add superlatives in your description like “best-selling” or “top-rated”. Such phrases draw more customers’ attention.
- Add customer testimonials and reviews in your product description.
- Optimize your description for search engine rankings.
- Use persuasive language to persuade customers to buy your product.
Whether you are writing an amazon product description or Shopify product description, you must optimize them for search engines. Follow the above, mentioned tips on “how to write good product descriptions SEO” to write SEO-optimized product descriptions.