How to avoid plagiarism, research on a topic, cite it, add references, etc. Why is plagiarism bad? lowers ranking… A 5% plagiarism rate is considered reasonable.
Plagiarism is the practice of presenting someone else’s work or idea and passing it off as one’s own. It is accomplished with or without the consent of the original author. Plagiarism is considered a violation of academic integrity and a breach of journalistic ethics.
Is paraphrasing plagiarism? This question comes to every writer’s mind when creating content. If your new text is too similar to the original, this is called plagiarism. Plagiarism does not count as plagiarism if you quote the text as it is and properly cite it.
How to Get Away with Plagiarism
Getting an idea for your work is not wrong, but completely using it under your name is not unethical. Many people, when working on their content, want to avoid plagiarism. But they don’t know how to get away with plagiarism.
Here are some tips for you on how to get away with plagiarism:
- The best way to get away with plagiarism is to first read and understand the entire topic. Once get an understanding of the topic you can easily interpret it in your own words. You will no longer copy-paste the content and then rephrase it.
- Try to add new information to the topic. You can easily add new information if you have made extensive research on the topic.
- Don’t stick to only one source for getting the information. Search from different sources to get new ideas.
- Paraphrase the information by rewriting it in your own words. Be careful not to change the meaning of the text while doing this. Paraphrasing done poorly can lead to plagiarized content.
- If you feel, you will not be able to properly interpret an idea in your own words, then you use that text as it but not forget to cite it and enclose it in quotation marks.
- Add references to the sources from which you have taken the information.
- Use plagiarism checker tools to ensure that your content is plagiarism free.
Why Is Plagiarism Bad?
You have got an idea of how to get away with plagiarism. But still, you are wondering why plagiarism is bad. Plagiarism in any of its types is considered bad.
Here are some of the reasons why plagiarism is bad:
- Plagiarism has a negative effect on the content you have created.
People often consider this kind of thing to be very unethical and awful.
Google never ranks plagiarized material.
- Google wants unique content on every site. So if you are writing web content then ensure that your content is plagiarism free.
- Copycat material is less likely to rank well in search engines. You will get low traffic on your site.
- If the content of your website is plagiarized, a search engine may remove it from its database.
- If you use someone else’s material on your website while claiming authorship, your website’s reputation suffers.
What Percentage of Plagiarism Is Acceptable?
For creating quality content and to maintain your website’s rankings on the Search Engine Result Page (SERP), it is important to know what percentage of plagiarism is acceptable.
- A text below 15% of plagiarism is acceptable by the journals.
- A text with more than 25% of plagiarism is considered a high percentage of plagiarism.
- A 5% plagiarism is considered reasonable.
- More than 10% of plagiarism is troublesome.
- To maintain the quality of web content the percentage of plagiarism should not exceed 9%.
If you want your site to be among the top-ranking sites, then you should try to avoid plagiarism. To get a good ranking for your website, you must know how to get away with plagiarism. Users always like to read unique content. So try to create content that is 100% plagiarism free.